7-Nights Costa Rica: Beach, Jungle & Volcanoes (Preferred) - Private Journey
Experience pura vida in the wild natural world of Costa Rica. Begin by indulging in a tropical idyll on the southern Caribbean beaches of Puerto Viejo de Limon. Then continue your journey with an exploration of the rainforest before traveling north to discover the hidden wonders of Tortuguero National Park. Visit rural villages and farms, explore the cloud forest canopy and soak in a hot spring near the towering Arenal Volcano.
7 nights from $3425 per person
Supplier: Cox & Kings, The Americas
San Jose (C.R.)
The sophisticated capital of Costa Rica, San Jose, has been endowed with a vibrant street life as well as a refined cultural life. You'll see contemporary structures of glass and steel, as well as colonial, Victorian, and classical architecture, exotic birds, giant butterflies, and picturesque scenery. Costa Rica offers some of the world's most thrilling sights to those who seek a new adventure.
The small village of Tortuguero (translated as "Region of Turtles") lies on the northeastern Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, approximately 50 miles north of the principal Port of Limon. The village is comprised of a variety of cultures: Hispanic, Miskito Indian (Nicaragua), and Afro-Caribbean. Both Spanish and Creole English are spoken. The region surrounding Tortuguero is called the Tortuguero Plain, which is a vast low lying area of little topographic relief still covered by a large expanse of tropical rainforest.
Limon (Costa Rica)
Puerto Límon, on a palm-fringed shore backed by mountains, is the country's most important port. It was built on the site of an ancient Indian village, Cariari, where Columbus landed on his fourth and last voyage. Though he felt this was potentially a very rich land and named it Costa Rica, it never quite lived up to his expectations. However the spot where he anchored has proved to be the best port of the Caribbean coast. It was from here that the first shipments of bananas headed to North America in the late 19th century.
Arenal, in Costa Rica, is the site of one of the most active volcanoes in the world.
On almost a daily basis, red-hot rocks crash down its steep slopes and volcanic grumbles produce huge ash columns above the crater.
In addition to the volcano, the area features exciting attractions such as, rafting, hot springs, pristine beaches, and rainforest expeditions.
Valid Travel Dates
- Accommodations as noted in itinerary
- Meals as noted in the itinerary (B=Breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Dinner)
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers to and from your hotel
- Privately guided sightseeing in air-conditioned vehicle (exceptions may apply)
- All planning, handling and operational charges
- Services of Professional English-Speaking Guide(s) and/or Tour Escort as detailed in your itinerary
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
- Baggage handling, 2 pieces per person unless otherwise noted. (Please note that any additional luggage may require modification in vehicle size)
- Other inclusions as noted in your itinerary
- Search for monkeys and exotic birds, and tour an animal conservation project in the Veragua Rainforest
- Visit the idyllic South Caribbean Coast
- Swim with vibrant tropical fish, stingrays and harmless nurse sharks in Cahuita National Park
- Visit the village of Tortuguero to learn about efforts to protect the endangered sea turtles
- Admire the views of one of the world's most active volcanoes
- Ascend into the forest canopy for an unforgettable aerial tour
- Take a dip in a jungle hot spring
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Anywhere Anytime Journeys
200 E. Sangamon Ave.
Rantoul, IL 61866
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.