8-Nights Israel: The Ancient Land (Preferred) - Private Journey
One of the most fascinating countries in the world, Israel's history goes back thousands of years, with the rise and fall of numerous empires and cultures. On this captivating journey, you'll travel through the Holy Land and experience its wonders in comfort and style. From cosmopolitan Tel Aviv and ancient Jerusalem to the stark Judean Desert and the Dead Sea, explore Roman ruins, imposing crusader strongholds, spectacular landscapes and sacred sanctuaries that have stood the test of time.
8 nights from $6325 per person
Supplier: Cox & Kings, The Americas
Situated high in the Judean Hills, Jerusalem, the Capital of Israel, is one of the most extraordinary cities in the world, presenting a unique combination of ancient history, spiritual sanctity and colorful cultures.
Established 3000 years ago by King David, Jerusalem is a fascinating city of many contrasts and diversities. It is a city where old and new, holy and secular, pure nature and beautiful architecture mix into magical harmony of smells, sounds and sights. Sacred to the world's three main religions, Jerusalem is a captivating city, whose visitors are left touched and inspired by the shining glow of its religious shrines, picturesque scenery and magnificent golden limestone. It is home to the Israeli parliament, the President's Residence and the government offices. A visit to Jerusalem, known as the "City of Gold" is an unforgettable experience.
Stretched along the beautiful beach of the Mediterranean, Tel-Aviv is Israel's largest city and biggest commercial center. It is a busy metropolis, which inspires visitors with an atmosphere of excitement and fun. With its seafront skyscrapers and exclusive hotels, Tel-Aviv presents a lively combination of entertainment venues, shopping malls, exotic markets, nonstop active nightlife, gorgeous golden beaches, and wonderful restaurants. It is also the country's greatest cultural center, a home for a variety of museums, galleries, theatres and concert halls. By contrast, the ancient port city of Jaffa, has a medieval appearance. This special blend of Mediterranean ambience, seaside resort and modern facade is what makes the city so uniquely appealing.
The city of Tiberias is built on a slight projection of the hills into the Sea of Galilee, about midway in the lake’s length, where the slope dips steeply into the water’s western edge. The city climbs rapidly from the shore (680 feet below the Mediterranean) to near 1500 feet above the lake’s shore. This rapid elevation gain results in a wide variation in temperature and weather within the city’s limits. Even the vegetation varies widely, being more toward tropical near the water’s edge while cactus is common in upper Tiberias, it being much drier.
Valid Travel Dates
- Accommodation based on double occupancy
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary (B=Breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Dinner)
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers to and from your hotel
- All planning, handling and operational charges
- Privately guided sightseeing in air-conditioned vehicle (exceptions may apply)
- Services of Professional English-Speaking Guide(s) and/or Tour Escort as detailed in your itinerary
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
- Baggage handling, 2 pieces per person unless otherwise noted (please note that any additional luggage may require modification in vehicle size)
- Other inclusions as noted in your itinerary
- Wander the ancient streets of one of the world's oldest cities
- Ascend the Mount of Beatitudes, overlooking the Sea of Galilee
- Walk along the Via Dolorosa in the Old City of Jerusalem
- Tour the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus
- Ride a cable car up to the mountaintop fortress of Masada
- Visit the cave where a Bedouin shepherd boy found the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Take a dip in the Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Anywhere Anytime Journeys
200 E. Sangamon Ave.
Rantoul, IL 61866
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.